Approach planning, using an evidence-based outcome-focused approach.
|When it comes to planning, three common challenges are often raised by Cultural Development Staff:
· They don’t having enough time
· They don’t have a thorough grasp on how to undertake quality evaluation
· They struggle to articulate how their department contributes to the Council goals
A Framework for Cultural Development Planning has been created for local government professionals across Australia by the Cultural Development Network to address these challenges. These workshops will introduce this resource and offer a comprehensive step-by-step guide to support cultural development staff in planning, using an evidence-based outcome-focused approach.
You will learn how to:
· Create a Cultural Development Plan that responds to the Council Plan, and is supported by Annual Business Plans for the department, project plans for specific activities and individual staff work plans.
· Create a Cultural Development Plan that is shaped around a set of Six Principles that are common to much contemporary policy and planning.
· Incorporate a Schema of Measurable Outcomes, that posits five domains (cultural, social, civic, economic and environmental), of public policy and activity.
All council staff engaged in the creation of cultural development plans and other council staff interested in learning how to apply this framework to their strategic planning are encouraged to attend. CDN advises a minimum of two people from each council attend so participants
|Councils in Metro Victoria
Hosted by Darebin City Council
Hosted by Mitchell Shire Council
Councils in South-East Victoria
Hosted by Latrobe City Council
|Councils in North-West Victoria
Hosted by Gannawarra Shire Council
Councils in South-West Victoria
Hosted by Southern Grampians Shire Council
Please send enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on CDN visit: www.culturaldevelopment.net.au