Communication between dispersed communities
This half day forum looked at the possibilities of modern technologies to facilitate, develop and maintain communication between dispersed communities. Panellists discussed the rights of communities to communicate with each other, new policy developments, the possibilities of new technologies and building cultural continuity across diasporas.
– David Vincent, Youth Facilitator with the Centre for Multicultural Youth (CMY), and Human Rights Youth Ambassador with the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission,
– Dr Raelene Wilding, Lecturer in Sociology, La Trobe University.
– Rachel Bongiorno, Youth and Women’s officer, National Ethnic and Multicultural Broadcasters’ Council (NEMBC).
– Andrew Lowenthal, media and technology activist.
– Kirsty Baird, Project Coordinator, CDN’s Home Lands project