Locations: Melbourne, Camperdown, Kerang, Seymour, Morwell.
CDN, in partnership with the Arts and Culture Committee of the Municipal Association of Victoria and host councils, hosts the final of a series of three forums on cultural planning in July in central Melbourne (Melbourne City Council) and four regional locations: Camperdown (Corangamite Shire Council); Kerang (Gannawarra Shire Council); Seymour (Mitchell Shire Council) and Morwell (Latrobe City Council).
The format will include presentations, group discussion, case studies and information about resources.
• Learn how to consult, research, develop, implement and evaluate your cultural plan.
• Develop skills in use of national, state and local data to inform your planning.
• Share knowledge and ideas with councils in your region.
• Link in to worldwide networks and resources on culture and planning.
• Consider your own council’s plan in the light of a shared statewide approach.
Forum Facilitators: John Smithies and Dr. Kim Dunphy, Cultural Development Network, with contributions from local professionals in each location.
The forums are tailored to local government staff involved in developing and implementing cultural plans.